I love the physicians and the patient care is unbeatable. Everyone from the front staff to the Triage Nurse, they are all very helpful and sympathetic. My husband even appreciates coming- they remember his name and he feels like he’s a part of the process and not just the baby’s daddy.
– Linda R., Huntington Beach, CA
What to expect when you’re expecting…at The Women’s Health Center
If you think you could be pregnant, please give us a call and we’ll learn about your situation and may bring you in for a confirmation of pregnancy or simply schedule your OB intake visit. Patients who have had problems with spotting or previous pregnancies are our highest priority and we will make sure you get the care you need.
- 8 weeks (according to your LMP): OB Intake with our nurse practitioner
- 10 weeks: 1st visit with one of our physicians and optional 1st Trimester Genetic Screening
- 12 weeks: Nuchal Translucency (NT) Screening Ultrasound
12 – 24 weeks: Visits every 4 weeks
- 15 – 20 weeks: Optional 2nd Trimester Genetic Screening
- 24 – 26 weeks: 1-Hour Glucose Test & Rh Factor Screening
28 – 32 weeks: Visits every 2 weeks
- 32 weeks: Information about birth options, Pediatrician referrals, and recommended Tdap vaccine
- 36 weeks: Group B streptococcus (GBS) Culture
After 36 weeks: Weekly visits until delivery